On Jira server version 8.14, workflow post function, I want to inspect the board filter and parse data to populate a field value on the issue upon issue create transition.
Alternatively, if I cannot inspect board filter, can I run a JQL and inspect a returned issue to take a value in one of those issues and apply it to a field on the issue being created?
Use case: Our boards are filtered using a custom field "Scrum Team", I want to automatically upon issue create, be able to assign the "Scrum Team" value. I will only know what value to use by either looking at the board filter or other issues already existing on the board.
Has anyone done something like this, that would be willing to share what and how they did it. I am not a developer, but have access to developers, as I suspect any solution would require a script of some sort. We do have scriptrunner, if another plug-in would do this more elegantly, I would be interested in hearing what those are as well.
Thank you community!