I'm trying to run an eval of confluence on Mac OSX using the atlassian confluence docker image from docker hub but as I go through the SetupWizard on localhost:8090, after the DB setup completes and I reach setup/setuppaths.action, the confluence server (and docker container) crashes consistently.
I've confirmed its not an issue with file/directory permissions with the mounted directory and I believe I've set the database up following the posted instructions. The logs/atlassian-confluence.log doesn't appear to contain any errors.
Is this a known issue with my platform or database choice or.....?
Any insight on the issue would be appreciated. Here are some additional details:
Docker image:
https://hub.docker.com/r/atlassian/confluence-server
Docker run command:
docker run -v /tmp/data/confluence-home:/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence --name="confluence" --user 2002:2002 -d -p 8090:8090 -p 8091:8091 atlassian/confluence-server
Database:
Postgres 13
Database create command used:
CREATE DATABASE confluence WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8' LC_COLLATE = 'en_US.UTF-8' LC_CTYPE = 'en_US.UTF-8';
The last line in the log prior to the crash is:
"2021-04-13 20:31:08,350 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] logTime Plugin system lateStartup ended"
If its useful, if I restart the docker container w/o cleaning up the contents of $CONFLUENCE_HOME, I get the following additional log entry:
Cause
com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)
caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
at com.atlassian.spring.container.SpringContainerContext.getComponent(SpringContainerContext.java:48)