If I look at the product description of Confluence one area of usage is "technical documentation". I have a local installation of confluence running on my machine. I'm missing two features:
- conditional text: Ok there is the "multiexcerpt plug-in", which could help at this point, but it isn't an easys way to go. I'm coming from adobe framemaker and was also looking at the DITA-standard. On both platforms I can combine single chapters or topics to or by a book or map. I don't think, that there is a feature like this in Confluence. I can only reuse pages with the different excerpt-plugins. Is there another way?
- Workflow with external translators: How would you setup this? I installed the "language plugin". But this doesn't help me to get a workflow to external translators. I would need a function to get all changed pages in the basic language. Then transfer these pages to the translators and import them again in the right context after translation. Any ideas?