I have about 5 users setup in JIRA. Most of us can create an issue by emailing jira@atlassian.net however one user cannot. He does not receive any notifications that the email was not sent.
I've verified he is a JIRA user and is not using any special characters when he sends the email.
Suggestions?
Kindly verify the troubleshooting steps as suggested in this article.
Does his email address match exactly what Jira has in his profile?
Could you read the log file to see if an incoming mail from him is recorded as rejected?
Yes the email matches. Where are the log files you are suggesting to check? Thanks!
On the server, you can get the location by going to Admin -> System information
However, I just realised you said "atlassian.net" - does that mean you're using OnDemand? You won't be able to read the logs for that, but you are supported, and Atlassian will be able to read them and help you debug it.
Another thing to check though - does the user have "create issue" permission in the default project for your mail, and does he have "comment" rights anywhere? If he's got comment somewhere you don't mind a bit of noise, ask him to send a new email with a specific Issue Key in the subject - an issue you know he can comment on, that might tell us more.
you can check the ...\Atlassian\JIRA\logs\jira241212102044-stdout.2013-09-10.log kind of file if is a stand alone jira
In my case C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\logs\jira241212102044-stdout.2013-09-10.log
but you need refresh/load the file for every change you check.
Since I have on demand, I will submit a support issue with Jira. Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.