Hi everyone,
I've made a post-function on a workflow transition to send an email notification. I need to include the last comment but only if the reporter (to whom I am sending this notification) has permission to see it.
I have found this class
com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.DefaultCommentPermissionManager
which has a function to do exactly that I believe
hasBrowsePermission(User user, Comment comment)
but trying to get in in the groovy template gives errors. The constructor requires a load of other elements (and going further recursively) and I haven't found a way to get this object in the template.
This said, I have two questions:
- is there a way to check the user's permissions to see a comment in the groovy email template and if so, how can I do that?
- if the above mentioned class is the solution, how can I possibly get the object in the template?
Thanks a lot, it's a real blocker.
Update: which comment does actually get the reporter? I look at a preview with lastComment for one issue and it automatically skips the last comment if it is internal and gives me last public. On a different issue it gives me last even if internal. If by chance the preview content depends on who's previewing, what does then go to the user?