Team,
We are looking to move from Next-Gen to Jira Classic but have a number of projects already created in Next-Gen. Is there a process for moving those projects over to Classic? Are the steps outlined somewhere?
Thank you!
@Giovanny MACARTHUR - this Atlassian Support article on migration options for team-managed to company-managed projects should help.
Hi @Giovanny MACARTHUR
Have you already tried following this documentation? Migrate between team-managed and company-managed projects
BTW: Project types are currently being renamed by Atlassian, from classic to company-managed and from next-gen to team-managed.
Hope this helps,DanSTAGIL
@Dave LIAO Thank you very much! I am going to check it out!
@Daniel Fietta Thank you very much @Dave LIAO suggested this article and I am checking out. Greatly appreciate the quick response. I was aware of the name change, just have to drill it into my head a few more times.
Joe
Yes, looks like Dave and I wrote our answers at the same time. These two articles include basically the same information
I have bad news for you, there is no 'convert' button or something. You just make a completely new Classic project and then bulk move all tasks. No big problem just takes about 30 min to complete, depending on status and issue type count.
wait....no ?
Just having a little fun. Yes it looks like we will have to navigate this migration.
The more customisation you made on next-gen (team-managed) the bigger challenge to move it; some custom fields may not transfer - I guess workaround would be to export issues to CSV and bulk create new issues (but this is also risky); fingers crossed for your transition
Hi Giovanny,
Would you be so kind to elaborate a bit on the why to go from team-managed to company-managed?
Cheers!
Used this several times and worked in every occasion!
Hello Alfredo,
Sure my pleasure. The main reason we want to move back to company managed is that we are seeing there is functionality that we desire in the company managed that isn't there in the team managed. Also, We want to set some standards as we are very early in our agile/jira journey and we felt maintaining one Jira product as opposed to two would be easier to keep teams consistent. I hope this helps.
Giovanny
It does help!
Thanks, Giovanny.
Wow so glad to learn that there are not 4x types classic/next gen team/company managed.
We have a real problem trying to use Apps. One of our Apps Requirements Testing Manager RTM only seems to work with classic projects. The other EasyAgile user stories only seems to work with next/gen. We are trying to author a requirements document and create the epics and user stories as part of that authoring. EasyAgile makes it "easy" to author the epics and user stories (although it doesn't allow us access to components within the "new" screen) RTM makes it possible to author the requirements, and allows us to link epics and components to each requirement by editing the new screen.
Any thoughts how to get a complete solution?
Many thanks, Michael
Hi @Michael Glenn Williams
I’m Elizabeth, one of the Product Managers here at Easy Agile.
Sorry to hear you’re having some troubles. I can confirm that our app does in fact work with classic projects. To access your story map from a classic project board please follow these instructions.
although it doesn't allow us access to components within the "new" screen
When you quick create an issue on the story map, click on the issue key to open the edit dialog where you can add in your components.
If I have misunderstood your problems please reach out to us at support@easyagile.com and we can help you troubleshoot from there.
All the best,
Elizabeth
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.