Specifically, the issue I'm having is that I do not get reliable results from the burn-down chart, simply because it will only subtract story points IF the tickets in question are marked as done.
This might be viable for other people, but where I work, a ticket is only DONE when it's deployed (successfully) to production. Applied to the burn-down chart, this means that I can only see progress when everything is already deployed to production.
So, I would specifically like to have the option to CHANGE the status that the burn-down chart considers to be eligible for subtracting story points. I believe the board should be able to also handle situations where tickets return from testing and therefore the points go up again.
In my opinion this is the ONLY viable way of using the burn-down chart. I have seen a lot of "simple" solutions like moving the status of "testing" tickets in the "DONE" column, just to trick Jira. This is not a solution and it's definitely not "simple" as it apparently requires the creation of a second or perhaps third board.
Thanks for reading and the potential positive reply!