Hello all,
We have the problem that new tickets always open for the same problem. As soon as they come from another email but the same ticket number is in the subject. Can't the system refer directly to the ticket number? Because it hangs in the subject with.
You have not mentioned Service Management here, so I'll assume you are using a Core or Software project, which both use "mail handlers" to interpret incoming email.
These can be configured in several ways, but the main one people use is the "create or comment" handler, which reads the subject of an incoming email and looks for an issue key. If it finds one, it treats the email as a comment, if it does not, then it creates a new one.
Check what the handlers are set up for at Admin -> Incoming email.
If it is for a Service Desk project, then those have an "email channel", you'll need to check that from the project configuration.
Hi Nic,
thx for the answer. I will check this. ; )
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
If someone replies to the same ticket but they are not listed in Jira does it work the same way?
Or does this open the new ticket ???
Hi Andreas,
JSM will open new tickets if the sender's email does neither match
To fix this you can add the other email addresses to the "request participants":
@mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_
Also with the same ticket number in the subject?
Well, it will match the email to the ticket that matches the email subject. I think we both agree, but I'll paraphrase:
Also: I'm curious, since I'm right now working on automatic decuplication for JIRA: Does this happen often? If yes, let me know in case you'd like to bounce off some ideas.
It depends on the configuration - if there's no account, is the handler configured to create an account and does the project allow for new users to create and comment on issues?
That's Right, the Content of subject must be the same.
And yes this happens more often, that the subject has the ticket number but a new one is opened.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.