Here's just a short and incomplete list of the bugs I encounter almost every time I try to edit a document:
- Highlighting a word or two and applying formatting will format the entire line instead
- Positioning the delete cursor to delete an entity and then hitting Delete does nothing
- Pressing the up or down arrow to move up or down lines doesn't work
- Highlighting an item or items and deleting them deletes something else on the page instead
- Using the system shortcut to paste without formatting does nothing instead of pasting unformatted text
- Confluence shortcuts sporadically do not work like when I want to create a bullet list, sometimes nothing will happen
- @mentions are just absolutely broken
- one person on my team always gets an extra L prepended to his name
- another person on my team cannot be found by searching for his first name (David M**** must type M**** instead, even though searching for David works to find David W****)
- It's really hard to cancel out of the @mention dialog when you want to write a word with an @ prepended.
- Basic editor navigation functionality is broken or works in unpredictable ways, like left-word/right-word not skipping entire words or getting stuck in the middle of places that don't make sense. Or beginning-of-line/end-of-line not going there.
Is it possible that we have an older version of server (7.34) and when we upgrade these issues will go away? What if we eventually (haha) make it to Cloud instead of Server? Is it still super broken on Confluence Cloud as well?
I literally have to mute myself on calls when I am taking notes during a meeting because if I don't I am swearing like a sailor every few seconds because of how often this tool is broken doing super basic tasks.