My Jira Core says I can paste a license but my Jira Software Starter license doesn't work. Assuming I need a different license but not sure where to look.
Jira Core, Jira Software and Jira Service Management are all different applications, and licenced separately.
You can't use a Software licence to licence Core, you need to give the Software licence to the Software application - go to "manage applications" and you'll see all three listed (although possibly not installed!)
In my Jira SD applications it just shows Jira SD and Jira Core. I don't see the Jira Core license in my license store on the site. Do I need Core and Software for the SD mail handler to work?
I had to restore this server about a month ago so I'm guessing that threw the license.
Any support would be awesome.
No, you don't need a core licence.
The easiest way to explain it is that Software and JSD licences also contain a Core licence, enabling Software or JSD users to use the core of Jira as well as the Software and/or JSD layers.
Admin -> Manage applications should always list all three applications, even if Software or JSD are not installed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.