I have been trying to figure out how to automate moving a blocked task from Backlog to To Do when the linked blocking task is transitioned to Done.
Hi @Jason Hartshorn
Not natively, you'd need an app - such as Automation for Jira.
Assuming it's then possible to transition from Backlog > To Do in the workflow, you could:
You could add a Condition before the Action if preferred - the Issue Fields Condition - clarifying this is only for linked issues in the status "Backlog".
There might be other options using scripting apps or advanced workflow apps - if you can't get Automation for Jira, let us know what apps you do have!
Ste
I should have mentioned I was using Automation for Jira. When working on the rule, I had an additional condition after the branch which was unnecessary. Thank you for clearing up my confusion on this issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.