I am trying to move 350 issues from one project to another but as soon as I set the operator it takes more than 30 minutes and I eventually get a time out:What could be the cause of this operation getting stuck?
Hard to say why this is timing out. Maybe there is one specific issue that have some problem.. Number of 360 issues should not be a big problem for Bulk operation. Sometimes when it is timing out it does not mean that operation would not complete.. however this time I guess you do not have this situation. Of course you can always break those into smaller parts e.g 4 times 100 issues.. In other words instead of executing it once you can try "current page" and see if that is not timing out..
Might also be a "bad" issue. Do like @Mirek says, brake it down to smaller chunks and see if you can isolate the issue or issues causing the problem.
Divide and conquer
HTH,KGM
Breaking it down to smaller chunks works, i was simply wondering why it could not handle the simple amount (350) of issues. I would expect it to work as it has worked in other environments.
As @Kristjan just stated, possibly there is a "bad" issue in that list. Hard to figure out which one that would be.
When I tried small chunks (current page only) I did get a request to choose the new parent issue, I did not get that for every single junk as this was a subtask that needed to be moved.
Those issues needed to be moved separately for some odd reason.
Yes I also mentioned that there might be one specific issue that have some problem .. Anyway glad that it worked .. Thank you for confirming!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.