Before I joined this Jira team, someone somehow added a second "Approvers" field. The two fields seem to be identical and state they were "created by Jira Service Desk." One has been added to 30 screens, the other to over 70 screens.
Now we are trying to clean-up this instance (before we move off of Server and onto Data Center) and I'm struggling to figure out how to fix this. (Did you know you can't search on "Approvers"? It is "not searchable, only sortable.")
I can change the name of the 30-screen version to ApproversREMOVE. I can add the field Approvers to all the screens that have ApproversREMOVE and I can run a batch update on each affected project to move all data from ApproversREMOVE to Approvers.
But is there a way to locate all statuses that use an Approver's configuration, other than opening each status and looking? Or a way to change them all from ApproversREMOVE to Approvers? What about scripts? Can I batch locate and/or change all scripts and postfunctions that use ApproversREMOVE to Approvers?
This seems impossible - any genius ideas? Thanks for any help.