Just like the title says. I have some new business requirements and I'm leaning towards creating a new project, but I would like to hear from you, the more experienced, before making a decision.
Running JIRA v4.4...Here's some background on the existing project and my new requirements:
Existing Project:
- 1 Issue Type
- Minimal number of User Groups
- Pretty simple permissions
New Requirements
- I will have a new Issue Type that uses a new Workflow
- I know that different workflows can apply to different Issue Types within the same project
- There will be one user group that overlaps across both Issue Types (existing and the new one I'll be creating) - all other User Groups will be segregated to one Issue Type or the other
- To me, this seems the biggest case for creating a new project
- Permissions are fairly complex
- With few exceptions (admin User Groups), if a user creates a new Issue then only other users in his/her same User Group can view that issue.
- Default Assignee should be different from the existing project
What are the most import factors to consider when creating a new project?
Thanks!