My customer is using Jira server and they have multiple projects created in it (around 35 projects). Each project has its own configuration in terms of custom fields, workflows, groups etc. As part of consolidation exercise, customer wants to move to Jira cloud and want to streamline all this clutter into uniform project structure where there will set of defined fields, common workflow.
I explored Jira Cloud Migration Assistant and Project configurator AddOn but couldnt find any facility where I can map the fields from source project to desired template in cloud.
While I am migrating the data from server to cloud I want all ticket history migrated seamlessly along with attachments.
The overall idea is that I will create a new desired project structure template and then apply the same to other projects. While doing this there may be some loss of data like discarding unwanted custom fields, or mapping exercise to map x field from old project to a new field in new structure.
Can you suggest best approach to achieve this?