I have added a free text field to an issue screen. But when I look at the issue screen, I don't see it - instead when i click on edit for the issue, i see the field.
What am I missing? Screenshots attached.
Thanks,
Manju
In the issue summary view, Jira doesn’t show fields with empty values. If you edit the issue and put some text into your field, then you should see it in the issue summary view.
Additionally if you have not added this field to the screen associated with 'View Issues' in the Issue Type Screen Scheme, it will not appear.
Is it possible to display empty custom fields from issue views in jira?
Is there any way?
Unfortunately no
Will the link below work for jira 5.x
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Displaying+Custom+Fields+with+no+value
Is there any custom plugins that can do??
Most probably it won't, JIRA code is so much changed after that. You can give it a try.
Not sure how it affects everything, but you can bulk edit the issue and enter a space. Then it appears on the main screen. Lamish.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.