I am trying to setup a better way to track preventive maintenance schedule using Jira. Any suggestions on how to go about this?
hey @David Eubank ,
Care to elaborate a bit on your use case? I can see a couple of way to automate scheduled issues or even go in to a CMDB type of situation with due dates on assets..
also, you mention "a better way", what would be your current way then be?
We have reoccurring maintenance on our equipment that I would like to track. Think oil change for your car. I have 6 machines that need to be tracked and a reminder on when the next items are due. Our team current uses Jira for our plan of the day and it would be useful if we could add the maintenance schedule.
Allright, thanks for clearing that up.
i would think this sounds like a great use case for a CMDB (or FMDB) like Insight. You haven't specified a hosting type but it works great on Server and is being integrated on Cloud.
In that CMDB you would list your assets/machines and add a few custom attributes like
based on those attributes you can have the Insight automations create issues. You could even add a default technician/team on the asset on who you assign the issue. (or add a component/label to put it in the correct queue)
Does that make sense to you?
It does make sense but I found the demo video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N690UupFJy4) and I didn't see anything talking about maintenance and how to use that side of the program. Can you point me in the correct direction on either a video or an article talking about maintenance.
I am not sure if we have jira on a server or cloud base.
Thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.