Hi - I have a transition step to change the assignee of an issue when it reaches a certain status. Is it possible to also change the assignee of any pre-existing sub-tasks?
Thanks
JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions, thanks for catching that Bharadwaj!
yes, you can do it by writing your own postfunction using java syntax or using groovy syntax with script runner plugin
Check out this article, you can use the builtin JIRA post function to update info from a parent, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Advanced+workflow+configuration.
thanks for the response, although I am not reallly what I would call a power user - Although I have groovy plugin, I would not know how to create java syntax. Could you possibly expand on your response to provide me some details, or an example? many thanks
Hi Erik - thanks for your response, although looking at my post function screen it does not offer the options you have highlighted - have you installed an additional plugin that gives you those?
I think it is Jira Miscellaneous workflow postfunction
Download from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions/versions which apt for you.
see the documentation from https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMWE/Post-functions
to know more about postfunctions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.