In Confluence 5.1.2, I have a page that has several anchors that jump around to various parts of the page. I have named all the anchors as "a_ANCHORNAME" where "ANCHORNAME" is changed to a unique name for that section. I included the "a_" to prevent the anchor from linking to the TOC in the event that the name I used was the same as the anchor in the TOC, which did happen.
The problem I'm having is that the links are not persisting after saving. For example, I had an anchor called "a_address". I created the anchor then added the link using the Advanced link section of Insert Link. After saving the page and testing the links, the anchor link failed to activate. When I went back to edit the page, the link had changed to "a_addr". Is there a maximum character limit on anchors? This happened to half of the anchor links on the page.
Another issue I encountered was a link not persisting after being saved. When I went back to edit the page to check a link that failed to work, I could not access the Insert Link screen. Pressing ctrl+K also failed to bring it up. I had to delete the link and re-add it. Any ideas on what is happening?