Hello
I want to use the jira status property - jira.issue.editable = true for myself i.e for just one person. is this possible or it works just for a particular project role/group.
Using ANY property for an individual is a very bad idea. That means the workflow has to be edited if that person leaves the company or you want to have a backup for when they go on vacation. By using a role or group you can easily change the required person.
Hello @Joe Pitt ,
I need the above property because I am using an automation rule that has my name as the actioner. I don't want anyone to edit the issue except myself as I want that rule to bypass all the workflow conditions/post function/property. How can use this property to set the edit function to just myself
@Priyanka khare I don't know. I've never tried to use a property for an individual user. I still think it is a bad idea. When you leave, and you will someday, you're leaving two time bombs, the automation rule with your name and the property with it.
Hi @Priyanka khare ,
you can add the following property to your restricted status:
However, I'm with @Joe Pitt doubting this really is a 'best practice' approach.
May I ask which action this automation rule is supposed to perform or how exactly your use case is?
CheersThorsten
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.