Hey,
I am attempting to create a custom plugin using a workflow post function which will operate when a task is created. The idea is that the plugin will poll the current project, count the number of tasks that have been created this year, then populate a custom field with projectname-year-count.
I have been following the tutorial: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/creating-workflow-extensions/#part-2--create-the-workflow-post-function
And I'm at the point where I need to deviate and I have no familiarity with the Jira API's at all.
How do I get a count of all issues created in a specific project in a set date range? I've been looking at the IssueManager class and can't find any way to supply a filter for an issue search.
P.S.
I don't want to use script runner, I want to learn how to make custom plugins so that we can implement some other post functions that will integrate with some of our other tools.