Good day,
So what I'm trying to accomplish is the ability to pass a dynamic query such as:
python staticquery.py project = "TTS" AND assignee="Bob"
To my python script I created and search the above query to get static query. It works if I input it manually in the code, but I want to be able to type it in the command line so I don't have to edit the script every time.
Current Script:
for issue in jira.search_issues("TTS" AND assignee="Bob", maxResults=3):
print('{}: {}'.format(issue.key, issue.fields.summary,))
This works fine, as is but would be useful if I could input argument where the query is. I'm also looking for a way to direct the output into a file when ran. So the results of the static query would go into a file and if possible be labeled after date it was created. I'd appreciate any help and see if anyone can come up with ideas.
Thank you.