All:
First time posting here.
Just installed PostgreSQL 11.11.1, Jira 8.13.4, Confluence 7.4.7. and Git 2.30.2. on Windows 10 on a new server class machine. All these are working fine.
On trying to install Bitbucket 7.10.1 next, wasted about a day yesterday trying to diagnose the error "Unable to find Git! Please install Git before installing Bitbucket". That is the error presented by the GUI when I attempt the install by double click on the installer. I did a lot of research, Git is there, installed properly, is on the path, machine rebooted, etc. That is not the problem.
Running out of ideas, I decided to run the installer from the command line and surprise, surprise, see pic below. The installer is actually finding the git.exe program, in two places, but it is ignoring it because "it is world-writable and could be exploited". Really??? Why not present that little fact on the GUI error message?
I even tried to install Bitbucket 7.11.1. in case the problem was on the previous installer but it it not, same thing happened with 7.11.1.
I followed and re-reviewed the Atlassian procedure to install Bitbucket and its Git prerequisite and I don't think I missed anything. By the way, this installation is on a small network with no Internet access, internal use only.
Any ideas?
Your help will be appreciated.
Carlos R. Rodriguez
