When I move an issue to a new project the components field is not auto populated with the previous information.
The same components exist in both projects.
I'm baffled. Help!
Problem Solved.
It was a user error...
When the components were created in the new project the project creator must have copied and pasted the components one by one (there were over 50) into the new project. The copy picked up an extra space at the end of each component name. So the component names did not match exactly as I thought they did.
Once the space was taken out of the component name the two projects had identically named components and the move command recognized it.
Eventhough the component names are same, there are virtually 2 components - with different ids. JIRA treats them as different components and hence you will have to manually apply the new ones after the issue is moved.
If the component field is mandatory in the target project, you will have an option to choose it during the move operation.
The confusing part here is, I can move the same issue to other projects in my installation and have the component value pre-populate in the move screen. Do I have the components linked in the other projects some way? I'm a bit perplexed why it will work going to one project and not another. All the projects are using identical settings for workflow, field configuration, etc. etc. etc.
oh really? I must be missing something here. Use has same permissions in both projects?
Yes. Same permissions. The project that doesn't work was created in 5.0, all others were existing when I upgraded from 3.11 - 4.5 - 5.0. I'll upload some screenshots.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.