I have latest version of Confluence which is still a wiki (3.5.13) and I want to add gravatar support.
Does anyone have done it?
Shortly there is no Gravatar support for Confluence, even if JIRA and Bamboo do have it.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-19636<-- Send your votes & love here
The easiest way IMHO is to front confluence with apache or nginx or similar, then you rewrite requests for profile pics either to gravatar or to some internal system. You will most likely need to rewrite first to your own servlet, then convert user IDs to md5's of email addresses, then you send a redirect for the gravatar image.
That's what I've done, works great, other people may have other ideas.
I may blog about it soon if of any interest. Of course, there are other ways, eg synching gravatar images to confluence pics. (But my way works across all the tools).
How do you redirect to the gravatar image if the profile pic request is /images/icons/profilepics/default.gif ?
It's necessary to modify the vm templates to make it default.gif?userId=blah. In later versions of confluence you also need to modify a soy template, rebuild and upload a plugin. I've done it and it's doable but it's a lot more hassle than when I first did it. Atlassian really need to blob on and add gravatar support to all their products.
I found a way without modifying templates and created a plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vicox.confluence.plugins.gravatar
CONF-19636 is over 3 years old. I don't think Atlassian is going to action it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.