I have a structure populated with bunch of issues and I want to add query match column to that structure that shows all the issues linked to each member of that structure but only include the issue types I specify. It essentially amounts to adding a filter to the to default LinkedIssues query match that only passes the issues types I specify . Is there a JQL or SJQL query that would be appropriate for this kind of query match?
Hi Andrew!
It is not possible to achieve this goal in Structure yet.
However, we already have a task that covers this exact scenario.
I'll make sure to post an update here once it's available.
Cheers,
Mario O.G[ALM Works]
Understood. Thank you!
Is there a way out? I would like to see in my structure on a column an entry to the name of a linked issue of a particular type.
No updates on this since my last post
Hello @Andrew Gioe & @Mukund Iyer Rajamony ,
David from ALM Works here.
If I understand correctly, the goal is to add a column to your structure that will return the Issue Key for any issues that are linked to the current issue by a specific issue link.
If my assumption is correct, some formula enhancements introduced in Structure 7.4 should help accomplish this goal.
It would look something like this:
issuelinks.filter($.type = "blocks" and $.destination=this).source.key
It looks at the issue links array and then filters out the direction you define with the destination being the current issue. Once it finds and filters these issue links, it returns the source of the link direction's issue key.
You will want to modify the link direction name. In the example above, I use "blocks".
Please let me know if this helps!
Best,David
Hello David,
i'd like to achieve this but not for "blocks" but for "is caused by" or "causes".
but whatever type I use instead of "blocks" I get no results.
How can I get it working for other issuelink types?
Best,
Matthias
Hello @Matthias Schindler ,
Welcome to the Community!
"is caused by" and "causes" sound like the inward (destination) and outward (source) descriptions of the issue link you would like to use.
Where you see "blocks" in the example formula above should be replaced with the Name of the issue link.
If you have Jira Admin privileges, you can follow the instructions here to determine what the name of the issue link is. If not, you can ask your Jira Admin for the name of the issue link with aforementioned descriptions.
Let me know if this helps!
HI David,
thanks that did the trick. I didn't know yet that there are extra names for the types. as for "blocks" the outward description was also "blocks" that did my confusion
thanks!
MAtthias
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.