Hello, I'm wondering if Add-ons are the only tools that can marketed on the Atlassian marketplace.
Is there a common way to market external tools as well? E.g. an application that connects to Jira via RESt calls but it's not an add-on
Thank you
You can advertise other tools that are not installed in Atlassian products, as long as there is a clear connection.
Try typing "JIRA mac" or "JIRA client" into the marketplace search, you'll find quite a few items that are not strictly "add-ons" (nothing is added to JIRA to support many of them). Obviously, they all work with JIRA and that's what I mean by "clear connection"
Atlassian marketplace is for plugins only.
You can add your application to Android Market, iphone market or Windows market, depending on your target.
Ok, I found https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.obss.plugin.jiraclient/server/overview. When I tried to install this product (pressed Get it now) - browser downloaded a jar file. What should I do with the jar? Should I put it into itunes and play it like an mp3? I mean that it is not allowed by targets like Android and Iphone to install 3rd party clients from sites like atlassian. The only thing to do it is to "jailbreak". So, it is meaningless to publish things that are not plugins in atlassian marketplace.
I don't understand what you're getting at here. The Atlassian marketplace is for software that relates to their products. A *lot* of the entries are add-ons for their products. But there are many entries that are *not* add-ons (i.e you install them on a client computer - phone, desktop, tablet, media player, etc) Doesn't matter what the platform is, the point is that it talks to an Atlassian software server. It's a valid entry in the marketplace because it talks to an Atlassian product properly. All the stuff about Android and iPhone and jailbreaking is irrelevant. There are many entries in the Atlassian Marketplace for things that run completely outside any Atlassian application. They're not "plugins", they're independent software. (As for your problem downloading that one product which appears 8th on the list for me when I run the suggested searches, I would support you if you said "the installation instructions are wrong", but I'd want you to read what the seven above it do first - four of them are not add-ons and two of them work on iPhones. So your "it is meaningless" sentence is wrong)
Thank you. I think it ia clear now
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.