Our internal process is for the users to open a "Issue Type A" ticket by default with a proper value selection from a custom cascading select field (Primary tier drop down, Secondary tier drop down). This goes to our Service Desk team for triage and based on the defined business process they move the "Issue Type A" to "Issue Type B or C...Z".
Now one of our line of business lead would like to have assignee set automatically only when moved from "Issue Type A" to "Issue Type B" and I'm seeing such requirements hike on a daily basis. I have initially tried setting the Assignee value in a Post-Function on the "Issue Type B" workflow first status transition but it does not set the assignee value at all after the "Issue Type A" move to "Issue Type B"
Though later, I was able to achieve this setting of assignee using Automation Rules but still wanted to check from others if they were able to simply accomplish using a workflow post-function?