I install stash on a server, and I want to set its port to 80, so how can i do?
You should look at the reverse proxy documentation for Stash.
Well, Stash works just like the other Atlassian applications, so you can do what @Larry Shatzer suggested and reverse-proxy it to another webcontainer listening on port 80 OR you could change the server.xml for Stash's Tomcat to listen on port 80.
This isn't as much a Stash question as it is a web-container/application question, good question though.
Why would you want to start with this instead of simply changing the Tomcat port in server.xml?
You can change server.xml. Also make sure to start the application under superuser otherwise sometimes you will not be able to bind to dedicated ports like 80 without root privilege.
e.g
<Connector port="80" protocol="HTTP/1.1" connectionTimeout="20000" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" compression="on" compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,application/json,application/javascript,application/x-javascript" />
I can'f find the server.xml file, I installed stash by using xx.bin
The default path is /opt/atlassian/stash
There's no such file called `server.xml` in path `/opt/atlassian/stash/3.8.1`
I'd rather not run something, such as Stash, as a higher privileged user such as root, or an admin user.
You can't change the port to be port 80 if you're running linux. In order for a process to be run on a port <100 it needs to be run as root. I would not run Stash as root because of the git hooks.
To "change" the port - add nginx or apache in front of it and have them reverese proxy to port 80. You can do it with iptables as well but that might get messy real quick.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.