I have a case when I have an existed project with created issues and what I need to do is follows:
- Delete all current issues from the project
- Reset the counter for issues, so the counter will start from 1 again
- Import issues from different JIRA instance to this project using import tool via csv (I would like to keep the IDs of all issues from this csv file)
My question is, what will happen when I create an issue with ID1 by standard way, then import issue (using import tool from csv) with ID2, and then I will create another issue by standard way that should have ID2 (based on the counter)? Will it override the content of imported issue ID2 or the JIRA is so smart that it will check if there is already an issue with that ID in the system and will use ID3?
Thank you, Miroslav