Hello,
I am from the Czech republic and we are using quite a few accented characters in our language. I have a jiradb running on MS SQL and I have set its collation to be case and accent insensitive. However the Quick Search (and also the Search) functionality is not ignoring accents in the search. Is there any way to setup jira so that accents are ignored in search?
Thanks!
The reason for this is that JIRA doesn't use SQL to search issues. JIRA uses lucene to do this.
As far as I know you would need to patch JIRAs indexing to achieve this.
Just a quick one - is there anywhere the link to that patch or should we develop it up ourselves? I believe I am not the first one interested in accent insensitive searching and that is why I believe you might have this already solved somewhere. I wasn't just able to find any patch myself. Thanks!
i up this topic, the bug are still here, can you fix this, please.
This Problem ist not only in JIRA but also in Confluence and probably in any Atlassian product. The search uses a Lucene index, which does not ignore accents. This is because the implementation does not use the necessary analyser for this purpose. There is a ticket for Confluence, and i also like it to be solved: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22495
So i added the same question for Confluence: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39126079
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.