I've attempted an upgrade of our on-prem install from 7.1.1 to 7.11.1 twice now, following the same steps we've used for years, per the usual upgrade article.
Everything goes fine, except once Tomcat's CPU usage has dropped down, when I attempt to access Confluence, it throws an error.
I've tried twice, with the usual roll-back process. Our database is in a local MS SQL Express instance.
Any guidance or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at the logs and they're pretty verbose and I don't know what I'm looking for.
Upgrade failed. Please consult the system logs for details. You will need to fix these problems, restore your database and confluence home directory to the pre upgrade state. Then retry the upgrade. Upgrade error message: Upgrade task com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.upgradetask.DenormalisedSpacePermissionsUpgradeTask@38e60c76 failed during the SCHEMA_UPGRADE phase due to: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [DROP TRIGGER IF EXISTS denormalised_space_permission_trigger]; nested exception is com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'IF'.