Hi.
I've inherited a poorly configured Jira installation. One of the main tasks I've had with getting it properly configured has been restructuring the permissions structure.
Due to the messy config this has been a somewhat fraught process -- I've had a couple of incidents where people lost access to something because I'd changed a permission or a group or a role and missed something.
After some effort, I'm finally getting to the point where the config is starting to look a bit more sane, but this whole process has led me to wish that Jira could tell me what the impact of a permission change would be before actually doing it.
As things stand, it's very hard to get visibility of what the impact will be of actions such as changing a user's group membership or changing which groups are listed on a project's roles.
Is there any way to get this kind of information that I've missed; maybe a plugin or something? Or if not, is it something that the Jira team would consider adding as a feature request?
Thanks.