When I tryi to login to Confluence 7.3.5 it timeouts with an error message "Database: Database connection failed". The catalina.out files is being flooded with messages like this:
WARN: Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate verification.
I have looked through the community forums and literally every page references pages that I do not have. I have grep throug all of the files under confluence-home for various combinations of the lines that I am supposed to edit, but have found nothing fitting.
I realize this is not the latest version of Confluence, but I would prefer to solve the issue before updating in case updating makes the problem worse.
I am running:
Fedora release 31 (Thirty One)
mysql-community-server-8.0.22-10.fc31.x86_64
Any info is greatly appreaciated.