I have a few workflows which are applied by setting a space category, and further applied by page label.
In order to link the workflow to a space, I use the 'link workflow' function in the Global Workflow template area. The workflow is applied, however, I also need to set a page restriction once the workflow is applied to limit access to another plugin on the page for a certain user group. This page restriction isn't being set once the workflow is linked, so I must manually go to the document management section of the space tools in order to initialize the first state and set the page restriction. Is this the intended behavior, or do I have my workflow configured incorrectly?
I would be surprised if this is the intended behavior since it takes roughly as much manual intervention as simply setting up the workflow manually from the page menu. in either case I'm clicking space tools, document management, initialize states vs clicking on the page menu and applying the workflow. Granted this isn't a 1:1 example, since i have many pages with the same workflow, so at scale the manual intervention is less, but the requirement to remember to execute a manual step might arguably be the purpose for creating the linked workflow functionality
Just curious to know if this is the intended functionality, or if I'm missing something in the configuration
{trigger:statechanged|state=Draft|initial=true}
{add-restriction:type=edit|group=admins}
{trigger}
version 6.13.2