Hi, I have a request to display json results from API call to external app onto a confluence page. json output is available when you point to specific URL. The paid option is https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/TBL/JSON+Table+Macro, however this plugin is way too expensive for our one use case.
Are there any other plugin options or user macros that allow for this?
Hi @Peter-I
Did you search the marketplace with the keyword "JSON"?
I found some:
Regards, Dominic
Hi @Peter-I,
Pulling data such as JSON from external sources is specifically what our app PocketQuery for Confluence was designed for. PocketQuery is very powerful and can also connect to Databases. It provides a sophisticated templating mechanism that lets you fully control how your result is presented on the Confluence page. This means you could for example render your JSON as a chart if you so desire. If you want to try it out and encounter any questions while doing so, let me know! I'll be happy to help.
Cheers,Sven
Thanks Sven, I'll take a look at the add-on. Problem is that I have one use case, and it will be difficult to build business case for purchasing it. Look like a great plugin.
Hi Dominic,
I looked through both plugins before posting here. Both of them rely on the user uploading json file. I'm looking to get the json output directly from URL. Both can't do that
@Peter-I , check if your company uses the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app (search for the Table Filter macro in your macro browser).
We added the Table from JSON macro to the app 04.11.2020. It suits your case and supports outputting data from a URL.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.