Hello,
We want to use LDAP to authenticate users in Confluence. Our plan is to use Confluence to authorize users to proper roles. I am new to Confluence and i have a few questions.
1) Can I assign groups to a user based on the role they have in LDAP? In essence, we have a role called Conflu_users created in LDAP and we would like only users of that role to have accounts in Confluence. We don’t want to use the default group option as we have more than 40,000 employees in our company and it will not be feasible to manage that many user accounts in Confluence.
2) Assuming automatic assignment will not work, we have created a manual process where a confluence admin will assign groups to a particular user account after due approval process. My question is, how will an user account be created in Confluence without using synchronization? Can I manually create user accounts even when using LDAP and use LDAP for authentication?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ravi