How do i change the default dashboard so it doesn't say "Your Company JIRA"? I tried changing it in the "Edit JIRA configuration" screen, but it doesn't seem to update thie default dashboard.
If you are referring to the one in the Activity Stream gadget, you will need to edit the gadget instead.
Gadgets on the default dashboard is not directly editable. You will need to go to the Admin area, and choose System Dashboard. Edit the Activity Stream gadget to change the title.
Is there any to do it programmatically ?
I'm trying to change the "Your Company JIRA" text in the Activity Stream gadget, also. I can't see how to do it and your instructions aren't working for me, I assume because its now 5 years after your post and maybe the admin interface has changed?
These instructions still workGo to JIRA Administration (settings drop down) > System
Then on the left menu under User Interface > System Dashboard
Select the down arrow on the Activity Stream gadget bar and select edit
Type in the new title of the stream, scroll down and click save
Your dashboard should now display the new title
That was exactly what I was looking for - thank you!
DISCLAIMER: DO EDIT JIRA DATABASE DIRECTLY. if you destroy your server it is not my fault.
You should test on test server before hand.
Now, you can change the value directly going to jira db and editing the "gadgetuserpreference" table.
This should show you 3 rows depending on your setup.
SELECT * FROM jira.gadgetuserpreference where userprefkey = 'title'ORDER BY id ASC
Enjoy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.