Hey,
I was just wondering. We're facing a fairly big migration from bugzilla to JIRA. Just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing anything here...
It it possible to migrate from another platform, (e.g. bugzilla) to automatically create custom fileds, populate them with options (select lists etc...) BUT it's not possible to migrate from another JIRA platform.
I thought Atlassian was going into "Enterprise MODE"???
The "staging" process is a joke.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Establishing+Staging+Server+Environments+for+JIRA Well, do everything that you've done in your test environment again (manually) and then do an XML import. Oh, don't forget to keep your instances on the same release and create every custom field twice...
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup
I know, that this issue has been brought up many times but I think sth. has to change pretty soon. I bet there are many customers out there with "JIRA unlimited users" licenses and thus large instances who will be facing an enormous increase in license costs once they're running out of the license grace period. If this problem doesn't get resolved by then I'm not sure if e.g. my current customer is willing to pay the extra amount (and not getting what in my opinion should be part of an "enterprise" package).
Well, back to my problem:-) I'd like to migrate from bugzilla to a test environment, clean it up and export its to our prod environment. So the only way to to this is the way I described above? Migrate via importers plugin, manually recreate custom fields in prod environment and import via XML?
Thanks for any ideas,
Christian