Hi all,
I'm not sure how to handle the following situation.
- we have one Jira project for our solution (SOL)
- we have one solution, that consists of multiple software (SOFT1, SOFT2, SOFT3)
- for every software, we do have versions (SOFT1-1.x, SOFT2-1.x, SOFT3-1.x)
- in one user story, we might change behaviour of SOFT1, SOFT2 and SOFT3 to fulfill the requirements
- so we end up having multiple versions attached to one user story
- there are various subtasks to implement the changes for one user story
I would like to create release notes (RN) for every version containing detailed information about the changed behaviour of SOFT1, SOFT2 and SOFT3: RN-SOFT1 -> changes in SOFT1; RN-SOFT2 -> changes in SOFT2, and so on.
I could easily create three custom fields RN-SOFT1, RN-SOFT2, RN-SOFT3 which can belong to a user story. But how to handle, if there are more than 3 software components? The screen for a user story would be pretty long and ugly.
Do you have any ideas or recommendations?
Thanks in advance
Markus