when linking JIRA issues, there are the following link types. I can't find any documentation on these! What do they mean? What are they used for?
That is something set up by your administrators for your JIRA. You'll need to ask them why they've set them up like that and what they mean.
Ok, well, that's even more perplexing!!! I am the administrator! I have no clue where they came from, or even why they are there. I was caught off guard when a user asked what they were for.
Well, they could have been added by a plugin. Possibly one of the reporting plugins that relies on links (Gantt chart? There are several of those, but I've only really used one, and it didn't do it)?
I have those too.. and I am our system administrator. @Mary Wilson we should compare plugins and gadgets!
See https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/taskjuggler-users/bB8nBw5AnFU/zRVvbtaoXlYJ
In particular,
1. Finish-to-Start: A depends B onend => A[FS]B = B can't start before A is finished 2. Finish-to-Finish: A precedes B onend => A[FF]B = B can't finish before A is finished 3. Start-to-Start: A depends B onstart => B[SS]A = A can't start before B starts 4. Start-to-Finish: A precedes B onend => A[SF]B = B can't finish before A starts
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.