Hello,
This may be a rather dumb question, but I inherited JIRA from another company and they have SSL enabled on Apache Tomcat 7. It works great and if it didn't, I see there is a wealth of knowledge from Apache.org to JIRA's knowledge base and Atlassian Answers on how to set it up or fix it, but I can't find anything on simply turning it off.
Our instance sits behind a firewall and SSL is not necessary, or at least the powers that be deem it not necessary, so how do I just disable it?
Were running JIRA 6.3.1 on Windows Server 2012. I have tried altering the server.xml and changed SSLEnabled to false, which I kind of knew wouldn't work, which it didn't. I have tried opening the configuration tool and selecting "Disabled" as the profile, but it all just fails. I am server dumb, this whole thing just sort of got dropped into my lap, so any advice would be golden.
I could work backwards through the configuration steps, but that seems labor intensive for just turning something off. There has to be a better way. Is there a config file somewhere where I could just comment out the initial kick-off of the whole SSL process?
Thanks!