asf
do you still need assistance here? wasn't sure about "asf".
Yes please. I added a new field to an existing ticket type . When I create a new ticket I dont see the field
Did you check that you added the new field to the right issue type (e.g. story instead of task)
are you on Classic project? I so go to project settings > screens and check the screens there to see if the new field exists. If not then add it to the appropriate screen, e.g. create or edit
oh...i see on server. still the Screens is the place to look.
If you an admin of Jira you're using, you can ask Jira itself in ticket.Please follow screenshots below;1-) Go to Admin button next to action buttons and click on "Where is my field?"2-) Type the custom field name and Jira tell you what prevents you to see the field on screen.It is a easiest way I believe. Hope this helps you.Regards,Burak
I went back into the "Where is my field" and the Summary for Field Screen says "The field is present on the screen" but I don't see it when I create a new ticket
It says I need to set a value for the field ?
It means you did not enter a value for the field on creation.
According to the comment of you on above, I see you are unable to see it on create page, so you should add the field to create screen in Project Settings > Screens menu or directly screen panel page in admin menu.
We can redirect you if you do not find the related screen. Please check this out first.
Regards,
So I get the feeling there is a problem with Scripted field for issue types. I deleted it and used a similar field with a text type and it appeared. THANK YOU !!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.