Hi, I'm new to Jira. Currently working in a company migrating from another system (ServiceNow). I am working on building requests for our request portal. I wanted to create a custom field on the request form which on my previous system had 200 entries, so I exported it and imported into Jira with a CSV file.
I had some issues importing as I did not have a "summary" field. So looked at resolutions for this online and saw I needed to create a field called summary. So for the 200 entries I entered a title of Summary and just put in "Import" in each row.
The data imported and I created my custom field successfully, the only issue is that I also created 200 actual requests for each item when it imported which I did not want. Did I do something wrong here when importing? And is there a way to import without creating actual requests? Thanks
