Hi,
When I edit a Gliffy diagram, the diagrams scrolls down when I type text or move objects.
Any idea why the diagram is behaving this way?
Hi Ross!It looks like you're on Confluence server (based on the tags). I know our support team had some questions about scrolling recently, but I can't remember if it was for server/what version of Gliffy it was for.Would you mind sending them an email (support@gliffy.com) with your version numbers and the same details on what you're seeing? I'm sorry I don't have a quick fix handy for you!Samie
Email sent.
@Samie Delebo - Your Gal at Gliffy - it would be great to get the answer to this.
Thanks
Hi Brian!
Absolutely. I'm not sure how we resolved this issue for Ross last February and you may be on a different version of server than he is. For that reason, I'd ask you to also email our support team at support@gliffy.com.
Happy holidays!
Hi, keen to know if there was a fix provided for this issue as I am facing the same issue. Thanks
Hi Srinivasrao! I'll give you the same suggestion — especially as this is a server-related question and what version you're using will be really important. Please email our awesome support folks at support@gliffy.com with your SEN, Confluence + Gliffy version, and any other details you're seeing on the issue.
This is super annoying... I`m using gliffiy for years and joined a new company where we use a newer version and it`s a nightmare to work with it now.
Hey Peet! I'd really appreciate it if you emailed any details on your version + where this issue is occurring to our support team at support@gliffy.com. Thank you!
Same issue with me. Gliffy is completely unusable in it's current state. Trying to drag any object in a diagram causes the whole canvas to scroll in some direction, so the new place where I would want to place the object being dragged becomes a moving target. Horrible!
Also noticed that if you edit the properties of an object (border width, background, text position, etc.) the popup dialog disappears after a selection. Previously it didn't, so you could easily adjust multiple properties and, when you have formatted the object as you wished, then close the popup dialog. Now the dialog disappears after first selection, and you rarely achieve what you want with 1 property change only. This is also annoying!
We have some Confluence installation "7.17.4, themed by Refined 7.0.18". Gliffy says it's version is 9.7.1.
Hey Timo! Similar to my other responses here, I'd really appreciate it if you let our support team know about these issues by emailing support@gliffy.com.
Your feedback helps a ton!
ok, done!
Thanks so much
I'm seeing the same issue with scrolling in Gliffy (Confluence Cloud.) Seems like the issue starts when adding a 2nd connector. Haven't fully confirmed this hypothesis, but it does feel like the canvas scrolling works ok until I add my 2nd connector and then it's the very troublesome experience others have outlined above.
Tried a couple of trouble shooting steps (unsuccessfully.)
I'm still having this issue also.
At first it occurred only with Chrome and with Edge it was okay. After a while Gliffy started to behave badly also with Edge (could it be due to some Edge update?). Everything still works with Firefox, though..
Did some experiments and perhaps I found the cause for the problems:
I'm using a Windows laptop with resolution 1980x1080. In the Windows settings, there is "scaling setting" that can make "everything appear bigger". On my laptop the recommended scaling is 150%.
This scaling causes the gliffy problems. If I set the scaling to 100%, everything works as expected (dragging a component doesn't cause unwanted scrolling, changing a setting in the popup menu of a component doesn't immediately close the menu.)
Windows also has another setting, in the accessibility section, that can make text bigger. That seems to cause the issues as well. If I have the display scaling at 100% and I have any other text zoom than the "minimum", the problems seem to appear.
So perhaps the problem is caused by the css/javascript handling the screen/viewport size "badly" due to this scaling?
Thanks for testing this Timo. I tried with 150% setting and 100% on my windows laptop and I'm still having this weird issue. Overall confluence has terrible user experience with lot of out of the box macros in my experience and half of my time goes to finding solution and work around. Otherwise, company is basically forcing to purchase add-ons that should have been out of the box to begin with, like form elements, filterable/sortable table, etc. I would never suggest anyone using this product but I'm stuck because our company got stuck with it.
@Samie Delebo - Your Gal at Gliffy Is there currently a workaround for this issue. I'm still experiencing this issue and it's becoming harder to add to my existing Gliffy because each time I try to add anything or type, the screen just scrolls. This makes it difficult to drag and move things as well. Thank you.
Hi @Mary !
I'm not aware of a workaround and haven't had any recent reports of this issue — so sorry I can't be of more help!
For that reason, would you please email our team at support@gliffy.com? They'll be able to review more details (like the version you're using) that should be able to help.
Thanks!!
I am also seeing this behavior, version 10.0.1 of the confluence gliffy editor.
Hi @Richard Kettlewell ! Please email our support team as well so that they can get more details. Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.