Is there any way to safely delete attachments from several JIRA issues? Attachments of issues in our JIRA take a lot of space on disk. To save some space my boss asked me to delete attachments of older issues of one specific project in that way JIRA is not damaged. The problem is there are hundreds of issues whose attachments should be erased and it would take ages to do it one-by-one.
I've been looking for an hour for solution, but JIRA seems not to support bulk deletion of attachments. I may manage to do it with Run CLI Actions in JIRA, however I am not sure about the solution
- Search for issues in JIRA (specific project, specific update time), export the list of issue keys to Excel. Open XLS file and save it as CSV. Only column is Key.
- Use Run CLI Actions in JIRA, functions runFromCsv and getAttachmentList to list Issue and attachments ID's. Save output to another CSV.
- Use Run CLI Actions in JIRA, functions runFromCsv and removeAttachment to remove attachments from all desired tasks.
Is that right workaround? What about Closed issues? Will JIRA allow to erase attachments from them?
Leos