Hello,
I would like to switch JIRA from using regular LDAP on port 389 to LDAPS (SSL) on 636.
I followed the guide here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-an-ssl-connection-to-active-directory-861253201.html
But the connection is still failing.
I tried after importing just the cert from the DC as per the guide, which failed, then i saw a post suggesting the full certificate chain was required so i also imported the intermediate and root CA certs - still no joy.
I can make a LDAPS connection to the same DC from the same server using ldp.exe so there is no network/firewall restriction in place, nor is there an issue with there DC accepting LDAP over SSL requests.
The one thing that's different in my environment to the one in the guide is that i do not have JDK installed, instead the certs are in the JRE installation folder.
Error when I switch to LDAPS:
Connection test failed. Response from the server:
DC.domain.com:636; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: DC.domain.com:636 [Root exception is java.net.SocketException: Connection reset]
It could not be determined whether you chose to save or test. Please try again.
Can anyone offer any guidance?