Hi
From the default layouts, maximum number of columns I can find is three.
Is it possible to build a layout or dashboard with more than three columns ?
I have a requirement to build Jira dashboard with 7 columns.
Regards,
Jason
Hi @Jason Davis ,
AFAIK only 3 are possible... But to be honest I cannot imagine having dashboard with 7 columns...
Would you please share us more about your use case, what you are trying to achieve?
Is it possible that you mean board instead of dashboard? These are two different things...
Thank you.
There was a request to add more columns to dashboards:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-10658
, which is closed now, but the latest comment (from 2010) indicated:
"In JIRA 4.0 (released October 2009), we have done a complete dashboards rewrite based on Opensocial gadget technology.
Currently, you can select a dashboard layout which allows you to have up to three columns.
At this stage we have no plans to further allow additional columns.
Thanks for the interest. I'll close off this issue for now."
It doesn't seem like you'll be able to add 7 columns.
@Carlos Garcia Navarro
Thank you for the details.
What could be the reason for restricting the number of columns to three. I am bit curious.
Mostly in software business these consideration come out of design question, in this situation probably also performance could be raise into into an issue.More columns = more gadgets, more gadgets = more load, slower loading dashboards mean unhappy users.This is just a theory, this would have to be drilled down what the specific decision was back in the time (impossible to gather if you ask me).
I suspect it's simple design for humans - most of us don't handle huge walls of information too well, especially on smaller screens. Three columns is probably the limit before the display becomes too cramped and fussy.
I'm trying to track bugs in 4 different workflows. I would love a fourth column!
Dashboards are not boards, I'd suggest you have a look at boards instead of dashboards.
My use case is building risk register dashboard, which consist of 5x5 metrics. I can do 5 rows using simple counts, but need to have 5 columns for better readability...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.