In the documentation the option "manage watchers" requires (space) adminstration for a user.
But we want to permit "manage watchers" for a larger group of users, without making them (space) administrators. Is there a possibility?
Hey Herring,
There is no way to do this. I don't think this is something we would consider being core to Confuence. Maybe an opporuntity for plugin developers to extend the product...
We had the same question.
For example, If you comment on a space, you have no idea who is receiving the comment. What ends up happening, folks re-address users in the comment section and people end up receiving multiple copies. Whats the downside of have an option that allows organizations to show the watch list? Or maybe they already can?
Adding a group to a watch list is covered by https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-20118.
I agree though that adding permissions to manage watchers should be a permission to can assign to a group.
How about this feature? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-40582 Please vote!
You can do this in Jira, why not Confluence?
@Sherif Mansour, Hi! I've always found it weird that the JIRA permissions are so granular but Confluence permissions are not. There are multiple permissions in Confluence I'd think I would be able to set.
How is this marked as "solved" when there are no answers...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.