Hi All,
I have new goal for configuring JIRA notification for a project based on "Status" and "Issue Types". Could you pls give the setps to achieve my goal.
Thanks.
You can't do this at a scheme level. Notifications schemes belong to projects, not issue types.
What you can do though:
While the suggested workaround is viable, it's a lot of work to do and not really scalable (have to create tons of custom events for each issue type).
Please vote for this (and possibly related) feature request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4742
Possible duplicate https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/185527/issue-created-notification-for-specific-issue-type
Don't forget to make sure that the "Create Issue" transition has a "Re-index" post-function, otherwise the created issues will not appear in search!
We made a notification plugin where you can define which notifications should be sent out based on whether issue matches specific JQL criteria https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vacom.jirassimo
This article explains how to configure notifications per issue type
And this - how to notify when on issue status transition
Have a look,
Vlad
Hi,
I created this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/manage/plugins/net.koncis.atlassian.issue-type-notification-schemes
By defining notification schemes as usual, you can create (with the plugin) issue type notification schemes, and thereby map issue types to notification schemes.
I hope that helps you all.
Please let me know if you find any problems using it.
Has anyone tried this yet? I installed an evaluation version and created an issue type notification scheme. Am trying to figure out how to swap out an existing project notification scheme and use this instead. I associated the project with the Issue Type Notification scheme, and got a warning about double emails. How do I de-associate the other one?
Hi there.
You need to remove the notification scheme you have on your project, and use the issue type notifications schemes instead.
The issue type notifications schemes then basically uses your original notifications schemes underneath in the mapping from issue type -> scheme.
Som doc here: http://koncis.net/issue-type-ns.html
Okay, thanks I figured it out. You need to change the project's initial associated notification scheme to <none> to avoid the double emails, correct? Then associating the new Issue Type Notification Scheme to the project instead will work correctly.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.